Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2016 Popular People News
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

2016 Popular People News
Pat Herrington, One Day at a Time handyman

Best known for his inimitable role as handyman “Dwayne Schneider” on the beloved ‘One Day at a Time’ television sit-com, the actor Pat Harrington Jr. has passed away at the age of 86. He died on January 6. His daughter Tresa sadly verified the news in a Facebook post on January 7. Pat was surrounded by his family when he passed away.

The news came just two months after Tresa gave the update that her father was suffering the effects of Alzheimer’s disease. So far, the cause of his death remains unreported. Tresa wrote on Facebook, "I know many of you have lost parents and loved ones, and now I know what it's like to feel the kind of sadness and void that will never be filled but only softened with the passing of time." She added, "My heart is broken to pieces and I will cry and cry until I just won't."

Harrington played the gum-chewing wise-cracking fixit guy opposite Bonnie Franklin. Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips played Franklin’s teenaged daughters in the program that ran from 1975 until 1984. Harrington was awarded an Emmy in 1984 for his role, and then a Golden Globe in 1981.

Bonnie Franklin died in 2013 of complications related to cancer. She was 69.

Harrington most recently played with Bertinelli on “Hot in Cleveland,” which ran on TV Land. He is survived by four children. The producer of “One Day at a Time,” Norman Lear, played tribute to Harrington in a Twitter post, as did his former co-star Bertinelli.

"Thirty two people can outspend three point seven million citizens, and the courts uphold their right to do so. Our democracy is dead."? ~copied response to Elizabeth Warren's speech saying this is what she should have said.
01-07-2016 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1coollonewolf Offline
God Member

RE: 2016 Popular People News
i remember him and he will be sadly missed

never lose hope you never know what tomorrow brings
01-07-2016 10:31 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

RE: 2016 Popular People News
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/arts/m....html?_r=0

The man stirred things up! I didn't realize he was 69... seemed sort of timeless.. like Dick Clark! RIP David.

"Thirty two people can outspend three point seven million citizens, and the courts uphold their right to do so. Our democracy is dead."? ~copied response to Elizabeth Warren's speech saying this is what she should have said.
01-11-2016 10:12 PM