Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nice People in the World
kindnessfirst Offline
God Member

RE: Nice People in the World
I agree, Mike. Smile Most don't consider themselves as a hero.

"Political language--and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists--is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." -George Orwell, 1946
09-19-2014 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

This young lady had an idea, got leftover materials from GM and started making wearable sleeping bags. She started this in 2012 and her business is growing.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/201...a-scott-23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOjbxEv0No

"Thirty two people can outspend three point seven million citizens, and the courts uphold their right to do so. Our democracy is dead."? ~copied response to Elizabeth Warren's speech saying this is what she should have said.
10-20-2014 08:35 PM
1coollonewolf Offline
God Member

kool idea

never lose hope you never know what tomorrow brings
10-21-2014 03:06 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/stra...21879.html

"Thirty two people can outspend three point seven million citizens, and the courts uphold their right to do so. Our democracy is dead."? ~copied response to Elizabeth Warren's speech saying this is what she should have said.
11-19-2014 02:42 PM
1coollonewolf Offline
God Member

it shows that people have heart

never lose hope you never know what tomorrow brings
11-23-2014 05:28 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

Dan Austin endows bikes to girls in need around the world, mostly survivors of human trafficking, through 88bikes, the non-profit he founded in 2006.

In addition to bike donation, 88bikes has also launched Seamless Possibilities, a week-long dressmaking workshop that builds vocational skills and community.

In what Austin calls Joy-Based Philanthropy©, 88bikes connects donors with recipients on a one-to-one basis so they can be an active participant in the joy they are giving.

For the girls, “The happiness they so deserve is now within reach”, says Austin.

Today, over 2000 bikes have been donated. The organization offers bike maintenance training, group rides and bike-based job skills in Cambodia, Uganda, Peru, Vietnam, Nepal, India, Ghana, Mongolia and Tanzania, among others. For donors, 88 dollars is what it takes to gift a girl with a bicycle.

Dan Austin, living in Seattle, WA. is the director of seven documentaries and author of three books. His 1999 documentary True Fans tells the story of the bike ride he took across America with his brother and best friend.

12-01-2014 09:20 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...-1.2135187

Started to put this in Strange News, but these criminals were being way nice!

Good people make bad choices all the time!

03-03-2015 11:40 AM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

Ashley Jiron was outside her Warr Acres, Oklahoma, restaurant when she noticed that someone had been going through the dumpster.

“I had gone to the back to go put some trash in the dumpster, and I had noticed that some bags and containers with food were emptied and gone through,” Jiron told ABC News. “Immediately, of course, my heart sank, and I knew I needed to do something about it right away.”

Jiron, 30, who owns P.B. Jams, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich spot, took action and posted a note on the dumpster outside.

“Unfortunately, I was not able to see that person or have the chance to talk to them or invite them in, so I thought that leaving a note might do the trick for me and get them in for me,” she said.

The note invited the person in, no questions asked, for a free sandwich and vegetables. For Jiron, the gesture was personal.

“I am a mother of two little girls and I’ve struggled like a lot of single parents out there, and I’ve had to ask for state assistance food stamps and such,” she said. “Sometimes at the end of the month there wasn’t enough to feed me and my family. Something as simple as even just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is very comforting to somebody and maybe even offer them a few words.”

So far, the person has not taken up Jiron on her offer, but the community has shown lots of support, with Jiron’s post on Facebook getting nearly 600 “likes” and over 200 “shares.”

“I don’t know if that person will ever come in with the attention this has gotten, because it could be pride. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s pride that’s not my intention at all; I just wanted to feed them something simple,” she said. “It has been so incredible the kind of support from everyone messaging and writing me and thanking me for something so simple that I thought was just second nature.”

04-14-2015 04:17 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

https://gma.yahoo.com/nurse-unwittingly-...nance.html

Ya gotta see the pics on this one...

04-14-2015 04:20 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/first-...98126.html

07-29-2015 07:27 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GJokaiyJNVA

Salute those who have died in Afghanastan

11-04-2015 06:27 PM
CaroL Offline
Super Moderators

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/college-...38093.html

03-28-2016 03:56 PM